Choose two statements about card sorting that are correct
Select four true statements about heuristic evaluation.
Usability inspection is a form of usability evaluation. It is based on the judgment of one or more evaluators who examine or use an interactive system to identify potential usability problems, and deviations from established dialogue principles, heuristics, user interface guidelines and user requirements. The evaluators base their evaluation on their experience as user experience professionals or as users of the interactive system that is being evaluated.
A heuristic evaluation is a specific form of a usability inspection that is guided by a list of approximately 10 heuristics.
User surveys evaluate users' satisfaction with an interactive system. In a user survey, users report subjective data into a questionnaire based on their experience of using an interactive system. The usability of a questionnaire is important; for example, the questions in the questionnaire must be easy to understand and the questionnaire must keep users informed of their progress.
User surveys are also used to gather context of use information as part of understanding the context of use.
A context of use description describes:
a.______________ in the form of user group profiles and personas;
b.______________ in the form of as-is scenarios;
c.______________ in the form of task models, as-is scenarios or user journey maps;
d.______________ in the form of lists or as-is scenarios;
e. ______________in the form of as-is scenarios.
See answers below.
8. Gerry works in a bank. One of his responsibilities is to check the amount of cash in the cash machine and reload it to the required level. He does this each morning and on Friday afternoons, in preparation for the weekend. Which one of the following best describes Gerry?
A user who uses the interactive system for its intended purpose.
Examples of primary users:
1. A bank customer who uses a cash dispenser to withdraw money is a primary user of the cash dispenser.
2. A call centre operative who uses a reservation system to reserve cars for customers is a primary user of the reservation system.
A user who carries out support tasks with the interactive system, for example to maintain it or to train primary users.
Secondary users - in particular maintenance staff - typically interact with a different user interface than primary users. This user interface also requires context analysis and specification of user requirements to be usable.
Examples of secondary users:
1. A user who prints a document on a printer is a primary user of the printer. When the same user a moment later changes the ink on the printer, he or she is a secondary user of the printer.
2. A bank employee who restocks a cash dispenser with cash is a secondary user of the cash dispenser.
3. A trainer who teaches a call centre operative how to use a car reservation system is a secondary user of the reservation system.
A user who uses the output of the interactive system, but who does not interact directly with the interactive system.
Examples of indirect users:
1. A bank customer who receives a paper or electronic statement is an indirect user of the bank's computer system.
2. A customer who contacts the call centre to reserve a car is an indirect user of the computer system used by the call centre operative to make the reservation
Which one of the following statements best describes a user group?
Which one of the following statements is INCORRECT?
Usability evaluation is a part of the phase: "Evaluate the design against user requirements"
Usability tests may occur at any time during the human-centred design process, from early analysis through interactive system delivery and beyond. Usability tests may be based on paper sketches or display mock-ups, as well as on interactive systems under design and completed interactive systems.
Which one of the following statements best describes the term, "mental model"?
Choose the statements that are correct about organisational requirements;
A low-fidelity prototype is:
Which one of the following methods is most useful in helping to develop the navigation structure of a new website?